There is great reward for the one who gives the Holy Quran its three rights. Allah says in the Holy Quran: “Those to whom We have given the Book and they recite it observing the rights of its recitation, it is they who believe in it. And those who disbelieve in it, they are the losers.” (2:121) Therefore, the recitation of the Holy Quran correctly is a pious deed and reward receiving. The Holy prophet (peace be upon him) has described a number of advantages of reading the Holy Quran. Some of them are mentioned here under: -
- The best among you is he who learns the Quran and or teaches it.
- When anyone recites the Holy Quran, he gets ten virtues written down for him against each letter.
- The Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said the house in which the Holy Quran is read looks as bright as the shining stars to those who live in heavens.
- When anybody recites the verses of the Holy Quran standing in Namaz, gets hundred virtues against each letter of the Holy book he recites.
- The house, in which the Holy Quran is read, is visited by the angels for blessing and the Satans run away from that place.
In short, the reading and the recitation of the Holy Quran is the great source of worship as well as reward from Allah. But it should also be kept in mind that the reading of the Holy Quran has certain pre-requisites. Though the reading of the Holy Quran is permitted without tajwed yet there are chances of mistakes too. Therefore it is necessary to learnt to pronounce each and every word of the Quran correctly.